Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TOMORROW!

So I'm leaving TOMORROW for training in Indy! I really couldn't be more excited, which is good, because I thought at this point I'd be super nervous and scared but I actually feel really great. So thanks to everyone who's been praying for me, it's totally working :) I'm not actually packed yet, which probably isn't good, but we're working on it. I have everything I need to take, but the tricky part will be fitting it all in my suitcase and making it weigh less than 50 pounds! 

To be honest, I am not exactly looking forward to the training part. I'd really rather just go to Africa tomorrow instead of waiting a week! But I am excited to get to meet and hang out with all my teammates for the summer. This is just such an exciting moment in my life, I'm getting ready to embark on this exciting adventure that will (hopefully) change the way I see the world. So mostly, I just want to say thank you again to all of the people who have been helping me out and supporting me and praying for me. I really couldn't have done this without you! I'd like to especially thank my family for being so proud of me and for being so supportive and for taking 1,000 trips to Wal-Mart with me while I try to get everything I'll need. You guys are the best and I love you :) But that's enough of the cheesy stuff....

I also thought everyone might like to know that I watched an episode of Man vs. Wild last night where Bear Grylls parachuted into the Kenyan wilderness. He taught me how to avoid elephant stampedes and lion attacks and how to survive on dead zebras and elephant excrement....so if anyone is worried about my safety, don't  be. Bear taught me everything I need to know if I get left behind during the safari or am carried off by an angry wildebeest or something. 

So to sum up....Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support, I will really appreciate them while I'm gone! And I know how to eat dead zebra. That about takes care of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment