Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm here!

Quick update for everyone. I'm finally in Africa! It's been a crazy trip but it's totally been worth it so far. It has been a rough few days, we've all been so tired and we're trying to get on the right time schedule, it's very difficult! But we're working on it. Yesterday we got a tour of the Missions of Hope International (MOHI) Center where we'll be working and we got to walk around the slums a bit, which was unreal. It's so crazy to see people actually living in those conditions. I'll try to take some pictures and add them later. And I'll tell you more about it when I spend some more time there, but for now just know that it's crazy and unlike anything in the US.

Today some of the Kenyans who work at the MOHI Center showed us around Nairobi, which was amazing. It's a really cool city. And so far, the food is actually pretty good! So that was a nice surprise. The people we'll be working with are really amazing and a lot of fun, so I'm really excited about that too. Case in point, I'm having an amazing time so far! Thanks for all the prayers, I'll continue to need them as we start getting into our actual work in the slums. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure to send pictures of where you're living, too! Glad the food is better than you expected....did you see the Taco Bell yet? We'll be praying for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete