Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's Finally Here!

So I'm definitely leaving for Africa today!!! How crazy is that? I'm so excited though. This week at training has been really amazing but I'm absolutely ready to get out to the field and actually experience what we've been talking about so much this week. I am SO READY to be in Nairobi finally!!

In case anyone was curious, our flight leaves from Indianapolis at 7 pm, we have a short layover in DC until about 9, then we leave for London. We should get to London around 10 am and we have a 10 hour layover there, then we leave for Nairobi at 8 pm on Wednesday night. We should arrive in Nairobi early on Thursday morning.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm not sure how great the internet service is in Kenya, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to keep you all posted on what's going on, but I'll try to keep it updated as much as possible so you guys know what I'm up to! I really do appreciate all the love and the prayers, they will be much needed during the next 2 months!! I figured since you're already praying for me I might as well give you specific things to pray for as they come up :) so as of now I'd really appreciate it if you would pray for safe travels for my team and I and that everything would go smoothly and we'd get there without incident, that we would be able to deal with homesickness and culture shock, that we would stay focused on building relationships with the people we meet, and that we'd be able to make a difference in the life of at least one person.  Also if you guys wouldn't mind praying that we all get along and have an AMAZING time together that'd be great! Thank you so much for loving me and even wanting to know what I'm doing with my summer! You guys are all amazing and I love you all oh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment